Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break

As an educator, I look forward to random adventures over spring break. A couple of years ago, I was off to Austin for the South by Southwest Film Festival and finished the week at a dude ranch in Bandera, Texas. Last year, I was in Little Rock with my sister visiting family, shopping, and doing lots of eating.

This year, I was sick... so sick. The Monday before spring break I started feeling bad: body aches, nasal congestion, and a terrible headache. After spending the week doped up on every kind of Sudafed they carry at Wal-greens and it not doing a thing, I turned to the doctor's office on Thursday night. When I left I had a shot in the booty and a fist full of prescriptions... well, two prescriptions anyway. From Friday, the last day of school before spring break, until Thursday I layed on the couch while going through two boxes of Puffs Plus with lotion and watching reruns on Bravo and VH1. I am still fighting headaches and occasional dizzy spells from a stopped up ear, but at least I can breathe in time to go back to school. Yeah!

I hope your spring break was better than mine... please share.

4 comments:

Britta Coleman said...

What could be better than reruns on Bravo? So sorry you were sick, Tyler, and I hope you're feeling better!

Travis Erwin said...

I want to hit SXSW so bad, but every year it comes and goes and i never make it.

Havedirt Willshare said...

Travis, I recommend making a point to go. Sally and I went together and had so much fun. We missed the music part (which I plan on going back for), but were there for the independent films. We were able to attend a premiere in a fabulous old theater that served a full menu of food and drink throughout the film. Much fun!

Anonymous said...

Помощью некоторое период Ваш пост довольно популярным. Запомните мое слово. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-dachnom-stroitelstve/72-dachnoye-stroitelstvo.html]каталог строительных порталов[/url]